Bradley County, Arkansas Genealogy
Bradley County, Arkansas genealogy and family history research page. Discover links to record collections, history, and genealogy information to help you you track your Bradley Co., ancestors. Get going by putting together a Free Family Tree.
Bradley County was created on December 18,1840 and was formed from Union County. Parts of Bradley County was used to form the following counties: Cleveland 1873, Dallas 1845, Drew 1846, Lincoln 1871. Other county boundry changes occured when Part of Calhoun attached 19 October 1862, part restored to Ashley 21 January 1859. This particular county was named in honor of Hugh Bradley, a officer in the War of 1812 who served at the Battle of New Orleans with General Andrew Jackson and early area settler..
Currently the Bradley County Seat can be found in Warren and in addition the county government website is www.arcounties.org
Areas next to Bradley County happen to be Cleveland County (north), Drew County (east), Ashley County (southeast), Union County (southwest), Calhoun County (west)
Cities and towns located in Bradley County consist of Banks, Hermitage, Warren.
Bradley County does have Federal Census Schedules to assist in finding out about your family tree. Government Population Schedules are present for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940. Bradley Co. Slave Schedules can be acquired for 1850 & 1860. Bradley Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bradley Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bradley Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You'll find free online and also printable census forms to help with your research.
Bradley County Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Bradley County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives. See Also Arkansas Archives, Genealogical and Historical Societies for statewide Addresses and links.
Bradley County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers typically forget the advantages of Bradley County court, probate, and land files as a source of ancestry and genealogy information and facts. Hidden away in Arkansas courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and worries of the many Arkansas men and women. The possibilities are very good that your particular ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few elements of their lives in the Bradley County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, take into account all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her showing up in court records.
I highly recommend you contact the clerk's office to identify hours, mailing address, fees and other specifics before visiting or requesting information because of from time to time changing contact info. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The data files are readily available to interested parties, barring private issues. Many staff will assist people in locating the resources, however it's up to the man or women to perform the basic research.
The following details shows exactly what death, marriage, birth,, property, probate, and court records will be in Bradley County. The years pointed out below tend to be the first recognized records data for this particular county.
All County Offices Records are located in the Courthouse at ?, unless otherwise noted.
- Bradley County Clerk of Circuit Court is the clerk of the circuit, chancery court, and juvenile court and usually acts as the ex-officio recorder of Bradley county. The duties of the clerk are to maintain a record of all proceedings of the circuit, chancery and juvenile courts and to prepare the dockets for courts in Bradley County. They are also the ex-officio Bradley county recorder; and is responsible for recording deeds, mortgages, liens, and surety bonds, and many other orders and instruments which involve property within Bradley county.
- Phone: (870) 226-2272
- Court Records: 1841
- Land Records: 1841
- Divorce Records: are maintained among the equity records (Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued after 1950 can be found at the Arkansas Department of Public Health)
- Bradley County Clerk , as clerk to the probate court, the clerk files all instruments making them a matter of record in descendent estate cases, and swears in all witnesses in contested estates. The clerk, also in this capacity, maintains all records relative to adoptions and guardianship cases within Bradley county.
- Phone: (870) 226-3464
- Marriage Records: 1853
- Probate Records: 1841
- Bradley County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Arkansas Dept of Health has Birth & Death records since February 1, 1914, Marriage Records since January 1917 and Divorce Records since January 1923. You may go to any county health department in the State of Arkansas to obtain a Birth or Death certificates which can be issued while you wait.
Arkansas Historical Records
- Databases include Arkansas Court, Land, Wills & Financial Records; Arkansas Birth, Marriage & Death Records; Arkansas Voter Lists & Census Records; Arkansas Immigration & Emigration Records; Arkansas Obituary Records; Arkansas Military Records; Arkansas Family Tree Records; Arkansas Pictures; Arkansas Stories, Memories & Histories; Arkansas Directories & Member Lists and much more....
Bradley County Genealogy Links
The following are web links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources associated to Bradley County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is merely a list which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Bradley County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.
Bradley Co. AR Books, Newspapers & Publications
Bradley Co. AR Birth, Marriage & Death Records
Bradley Co. AR Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Bradley Co. AR Census Records
Bradley Co. AR Cemeteries & Graveyards
Bradley Co. AR Church & Bible Records
Bradley Co. AR Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Bradley Co. AR General and History Websites
Bradley Co. AR Immigration & Naturalization
Bradley Co. AR Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Bradley Co. AR Military Records
Bradley Co. AR Schools & Directories